Yokohama Tire Sales Philippines, Inc. use the personal data that customers provide directly to us for the purpose for which it was collected: to send a requested content, respond to inquiries or questions, meetings and product demonstrations or to register for events and activities.
YTSP also use all personal data to assess the effectiveness of various marketing initiatives and track the flow of sales and other engagement that may result from the marketing initiatives.
This policy applies to the following:
- Personal data collected about customers in the course of doing business such as when YTSP engage with a customer, potential customer, supplier, service provider, consultant or other third party in relation to the provision of our services and the operation of our business in general.
- Personal data collected through Yokohama’s official website.
- Personal data collected through social media platforms: Official Facebook page, Official Instagram account, etc.
Yokohama Tire Sales Philippines, Inc. is committed to protecting and respecting customer data privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data collected from the customers or that provided to YTSP will be processed by the Marketing department.
In processing personal data, YTSP seek to adhere to the general privacy principles of transparency, legitimate purpose and proportionality and such other relevant principles in the collection, processing and retention of personal data as required by applicable law.
Personal data – any information that may be used to identify an individual, including but not limited to, a first and last name, a home, business or other physical address, a phone number, an email address and information regarding the tire or vehicle related to Sales and Marketing.
YTSP will collect personal data from customers only when such information is voluntarily provided to Sales and Marketing, including, without limitation, in connection with inquiries or business transactions about Yokohama products through telephone, email, official website, social media platforms and official events or activities. YTSP may also ask for information about present place of employment, such as job title, company name, size, industry sector and number of employees or staff.
YTSP may also collect information from the suppliers, service providers, agencies, business partners, consultants, professional advisors and other third parties for the purpose of managing and operating YTSP’s business.
Information provided by customers
YTSP may collect personal information when a customer:
- Request information about Yokohama products;
- Request information about Yokohama dealership application;
- Visit and interact with YTSP website and its social media platforms;
- Request information from sales and marketing representatives;
- Request of other information, schedule, event, activity or otherwise voluntarily provide by the customer.
- Request marketing support.
When a customer provides YTSP with personal data, YTSP may retain and use that data for several purposes including facilitating and otherwise addressing the following:
- To provide customers with Yokohama products and services;
- To design sales and marketing programs;
- To inform about any Yokohama products and services which YTSP believes may be of interest to customers;
- To provide customer after-sales support;
- To notify about changes to products and services;
- To ask for customer opinions and comments;
- To perform research on customer demographics, interests and behavior based on information provided when making a purchase, during a marketing promotion, an event, from surveys and market study and from website and social media platforms interactions;
- To provide information about events and activities;
- To carry out YTSP’s obligations arising from any contracts/agreements entered into between customer and YTSP.
YTSP will not sell or share a customer’s personal data with any unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes; however, YTSP may share the personal data of a customer with third parties for the following conditions:
- A company that is a member of Yokohama, which means from the head office to its subsidiaries.
- Selected parties including service providers, suppliers and business partners. This is to enable them to perform a business, professional or technical support function for YTSP.
- Businesses that require information which is necessary for them to complete a requested transaction or otherwise perform their duties.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing a customer’s credit score, where this is a condition of YTSP entering a contract with the customer.
YTSP will retain personal information for as long as it’s reasonable for the original purpose for which it was collected. In general, YSTP will retain personal data related to a customer for as long as they remain a customer. YTSP will also retain personal data from prospects for a reasonable amount of time to determine if there is any interest or engagement.
The security of personal data is important to YTSP but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While YTSP strives to use acceptable means to protect customer information, YTSP cannot guarantee the absolute security of customer data submitted or collected.
The disposal of personal data should take place provided that the record is no longer required by any part of the business of YTSP. The disposal will be carried out in a way that preserves the confidentiality of the data and by methods which fully meets the requirements of the Data Privacy Act. Data disposal is applied to both paper and electronic records.
- Disposal of paper records should be shredded using shredding machines and placed in a waste disposal bin.
- Disposal of data stored in a Desktop, Laptop or similar device is generally done by wiping out the data from the device. If the device is not to be used in the future, physical destruction of the device will be performed. YTSP’s IT department and Personal Information Controller will oversee and ensure that this is performed for all equipment which is to be wiped out or disposed of.
YTSP’s website uses “cookies” to collect information about customers and their activities while using the site. Cookies are text file containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to a customer’s device when they visit the website. Cookies are utilized in order to offer a more tailored experience in the future, by understanding and remembering a customer’s particular browsing preferences.
This policy shall take effect upon approval. Any provision in this policy, which shall be inapplicable by law, shall be deemed without effect but does not invalidate the other provisions herewith.
This policy shall be subject to review, change or revisions by Management from time to time. Any change thereto or policies issued and consistent therewith shall be deemed incorporated by reference.