Quietness for a More Comfortable Ride
Innovative, new “noise-controlled pitch”ensures consistent quiet ride.
While continuing to ensure that noise is dispersed by varying the pitch, BluEarth-A tires suppress the incidence of uneven wear and maintain quietness as the tires wear by making the pitch variation smaller. New BluEarth-A tires also boast an enhanced level of quietness by increasing the number of pitches to 84.
Total Balanced Performance
Profile achieving fuel efficiency and quietness.
* Weight saving while maintaining rigidity.Lifting the carcass up high ensures rigidity and saves weight.
* Fuel-efficient, layered rubber BluEarth-A tires employ more low-heatgenerating rubber for the lower layer of the tread rubber. This helps suppress energy loss and improve comfort.
* Profile exclusively for AE-50 Stability when supporting high loads in heavy-duty sedans. Reduces external vehicle noise.
AERO dynamic technology reduces air resistance
* Using simulation of air resistance in tire development. Air resistance in tires is one cause of deteriorating fuel efficiency, and is said to have a considerable impact especially at high speeds. In addition to wind tunnel tests, YOKOHAMA conducts simulations of air resistance when designing the tires.
* Asymmetrical tread pattern. The inner side of the tire includes sipes on the shoulder to suppress uneven wear. The outer side of the tire incorporates wide non-penetrating grooves on the shoulder block to realize enhanced stability when cornering.
* A dimpled design on the shoulder reduces tire air resistance. This contributes to greater fuel-efficient performance.
|Rim||Aspect Ratio||Tire Size||LI/SS||Pattern||Pattern Name||Origin||List Price||Remarks|