REPLACEMENT TIRES FOR PASSENGER CARS AND LIGHT TRUCK TIRES
Yokohama Tire Sales Philippines, Inc. (YTSPI), as sole distributor of YOKOHAMA branded tires in the Philippines
provides this Limited Warranty/Adjustment Program (“Warranty”) as a policy to warrant such YOKOHAMA tires for
replacement or adjustment according to certain recognized conditions.
This Warranty covers:
1) Products with manufacturing defects, under the terms and conditions herein, and;
2) Products used under normal operating conditions indicating, adjustable circumstances.
This Warranty does not cover or warrant deterioration, damage, failure, impairment, material changes in performance,
or any instance that such YOKOHAMA tires become unserviceable due to the absence of proper maintenance.
1. WARRANTY ELIGIBILITY
This Warranty applies to every genuine YOKOHAMA replacement tire for passenger cars and light trucks bearing the
YOKOHAMA brand name, exclusively distributed by YTSPI and used under normal service in the Philippines. All mention
of tire/s henceforth in this Warranty shall refer to the aforementioned YOKOHAMA tire/s. As used in this Warranty,
“normal service” shall be taken to mean proper application and proper maintenance. Any claims brought to YTSPI under
this Warranty shall be subject to evaluation and final approval by YTSPI’s certified warranty claim adjuster.
2. TIRES WARRANTED AND DURATION OF COVERAGE
YTSPI’s warranty obligations for the tires as specified below are hereby limited to the terms set forth in this Warranty.
YOKOHAMA replacement tires for passenger cars and light trucks are warranted against unserviceable conditions for a
period of sixty (60) months from the date of manufacture. However, unserviceable conditions or any damage whatsoever
to the aforementioned tires arising from incidents and conditions as specified in Paragraph 3 herein are not covered by
this Warranty. As used in this Warranty, “unserviceable” shall be taken to mean unusable and non-repairable.
Actions and claims under the terms and provisions of this Warranty shall be barred after 60 months from the date of
manufacture of the subject tire Warranty in proportion to tread wear: a. If a tire becomes unserviceable for causes not
excluded herein, it will be warranted on a usable tread wear prorated basis.Tread wear is computed by a percentage of
the groove depth between the original usable groove and remaining usable tread groove. The last one point six
millimeters (1.6 mm) of groove depth is not considered in tread wear proportion.
3. EXCLUSIONS / DAMAGE OR DETERIORATION NOT COVERED
Any deterioration, damage, failure, impairment or change in performance of the abovementioned tires due to any of the
following are NOT covered by this Warranty:
- Tires that have had material added after leaving a manufacturing plant, such as fillers, sealants, balancing substances
and external tire treatments or materials of any kind. If the added material is the cause of a failure or damage, a tire
will not be accepted for warranty credit;
- Deterioration, damage, failure, change in performance due to absence of proper maintenance, or any condition brought
by negligence or fault of the buyer / owner / customer;
- Tires with premature or irregular wear due to defective mechanical conditions of the vehicle, including misalignment,
wheel imbalance and faulty shock absorbers or brakes;
- Loss, deterioration, damage, failure, or change in performance of the tire due to fortuitous events or causes, or acts
of God, regardless of any defects existing therein.
- Road hazard injuries or damages caused by obstacles or debris, such as cuts, punctures (whether repairable or not),
bruises, tears, abrasions or impact breaks;
- Tire found to be tampered with, such as alterations in the serial number, ply rating, tire size, and the like;
- Tires in an out of round condition after the first twenty percent (20%) of usable groove depth;
- Climatic or ozone effects (long exposure to the elements, i.e. rain, sun, chemicals);
- Tires damaged due to improper inflation pressure or having been run while flat;
- Tires worn out: 1.6 mm or less of remaining groove depth (refer to article 2a);
- Tires fitted to or used with incompatible or improper valves, rims or wheels;
- Tires with premature or irregular wear due to improper inflation pressure;
- Accident, corrosion, vandalism, fire or damages caused by nature;
- Improper application of tire size and/or specification;
- Tires that have suffered a flat spot while immobile;
- Improper mounting/dismounting procedure;
- Improper storage;
4. OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES EXCLUDED
All obligations or liabilities including, but not limited to those for loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of vehicle, or any
other direct, special, incidental or consequential damages to property and physical injury following or arising from any
deterioration, damage, failure, change in performance of tires, or any breach in warranty or condition, are hereby excluded.
- YTSPI warrants tires under this Warranty through YTSPI’s bona fide dealers.
- YTSPI’s certified warranty claim adjuster shall have the final judgment on any warrantable tire or claim brought
under this Warranty.
- If a verified and valid claim under this Warranty is brought on a tire which is out of production or discontinued,
YTSPI shall replace the warranted tire with a tire comparable in size and category, at YTSPI’s choice.
- The bona fide dealer must keep the tire in question for evaluation by a certified warranty claim adjuster authorized
- The Customer must present the following for any claims under this Warranty:
1. The YOKOHAMA tire subject of the claim under this Warranty;
2. Proof of purchase of the said tire;
3. This Limited Warranty /Adjustment Program Certificate.
- Tires replaced by this Warranty become the property of YTSPI. The Customer shall surrender such tire/s to
- Should the claim be verified and covered under this Warranty, as recommended by YTSPI’s certified warranty
claim adjuster, and the price of the replacement tire/s is greater than that of the warranted tire/s, the Customer
will be liable to YTSPI bona fide dealer for the difference between the Adjustment Base Price of the replacement
tire/s and the price of the warranted tire/s at the time that such warranted tire/s was purchased.
- The Customer shall be liable for other allied service charges including but not limited to tire mounting and
dismounting, tire rotation, alignment or applicable taxes and the like.
6. ADJUSTMENT BASE PRICE
- Adjustment base price is defined as the sales contract price or the current retail price in effect at the time of the
approval of the adjustment or claim under the Warranty.
7. MODIFICATIONS TO THE WARRANTY
No YTSPI reseller, agent, employee, dealer or distributor is authorized to make any modification, extension or addition
to this warranty. If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall
not be affected or impaired.
Yokohama Tire Sales Phils. Inc. (YTSPI) reserves the right to cancel, change or adjust any portion, or the entirety of this
Warranty without prior notice.